Whether you’re practicing hot yoga under the sun, hitting the waves, or snuggling up with your favorite book on the sand, here’s a sweet and simple guide to your beach beauty essentials. We promise you’ll still have enough room for gossip mags and your cell phone!
1. The most important item? Duh, sunscreen. Prevent sunburns, premature aging and skin cancer with CeraVe’s Sunscreen Wet Skin Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 50 ($17). The super adherent formula even clings to wet skin, so it’s perfect for a day at the beach!
2. Salt water + sunburn = flakey, chapped lips. Keep your precious pout protected with Anthony Logistics Advanced Formula Lip Balm SPF 25 ($7.50), and soak up the lip repairing benefits of the antioxidant-rich formula that includes green tea extract, resveratrol, and vitamin E.
3. Don’t forget good ol’ H2O! When you’re dehydrated, it shows outwardly on your skin and makes wrinkles more noticeable. Keep your skin looking plump by staying hydrated throughout the day. We suggest tossing a couple of water bottles in the freezer the night b3efore so your water stash stays cool for several hours.
4. Rather than deal with a sunburnt scalp or greasy hair, pack a cute beach hat. We’re smitten with Nordstrom’s Straw Fedora ($28) that comes in a bevy of adorable colors.
5. The easiest way to prevent crow’s feet from forming? Keep a pair of sunglasses in your beach bag. Make sure your shades offer UV protection to shield your eye area from sun damage. And hey, when your makeup has faded away, there’s nothing like a pair of aviators to keeping you looking hot. We love these UV-protected shades from Forever 21!